Jacob Abbott ( Born Nov 14, 1803_ Died Oct 31, 1879) is an American writer and teacher, Best known for his many books which were written for Young readers.
● Early life& Career
Born on Nov 14, 1803, in Hallowell mine to Jacob Abbott 2nd and Betsey Abbott and older brother of John Stevens Cabon Abbott attended Hallowell Academy and Bowdoin college in 1820, he proceeded to Andover Newton Theological Seminary School in 1825.
After graduating from Theological seminary school, he worked as a professor of mathematics and natural philosophy at Amherst from 1825- 1829. In 1829, he moved to Boston where he founded and was the first principal of the mount Vernon school, a secondary school for girls from 1829-1833.
In 1834 he was ordained as a pastor in Eliot congregation church. As an author, he wrote extensively for Juvenile including his first successful book, The young Christian(1825), The cornerstone, 30 volumes of Juvenile biographies, and 24 volumes of Rollo, Lucy, and Jonas stories. Around 1837 he moved in with his father in Farmington where he continued writing books until his death in 1837.
• Alexander The Great 《1834》
• Makers of History
• William the Conqueror《1849》
• The Rollo Books《1855》
• History of Hannibal
•Queen Elizabeth 《1849》
• Rollo in Paris 《1850》
•King Alfred of England
• Darius the Great
• Hannibal Complete 《2021》
•History of Julius Caesar 《
• History of Richard the Lionheart
•Cleopatra’s Original 《1854》
• Rollo Learning to Read《1868》
• Version, or Conservation about Old times in England 《1857》
• Hunter and Tom《1871》
• The History Of Nero,(Factsand Biography) Annotated
• Water 《1842》
• King Charles, First King of England 《1876》
• Pyrrhus: Complete
• Peter The Great: Makers of History
• Mary Queen of Scots: publishing people series
• Charles 1 : Original Series
• American Historty : Northern Colonies 《1862》
• Hoaryhead and M’ Donner《 1855》
● Personal life
Jacob Abbott got married to his wife Harriet Vaughan on May 18, 1829, they gave birth to Four Benjamin Vaughan Abbott, Edward Abbott, Austin Abbott, and Lyman Abbott. He died on October 31, 1879, in Farmington, Maine at the age of 75 years.